What is RDA?
The RDA Toolkit contains a searchable and browsable version of the full content of RDA: resource description and access, examples, customisable workflows, mappings, and schemas, and the full text of AACR2.
RDA Training Resources
The following training materials for Resource Description and Analysis (RDA) that are available online although no claims or guarantees are made about the accuracy or completeness of these resources, nor are they formally endorsed by the CILIP-BL Committee on RDA.
The RDA Toolkit is available on fee-based access through the RDA Toolkit website, which also includes free access to a training calendar and a guided tour of the Toolkit.
- AACR2 to RDA Using the RDA Toolkit: How the RDA Toolkit helps you evaluate and implement RDA. "Presented by Troy Linker …"
- MARC Record Examples of RDA Cataloging. "…PDF files of RDA cataloging examples of authority records and and bibliographic records."
- RDA Toolkit Essentials. "… webinar … introduction and guide to using RDA Toolkit … it is not a one-off event … it will return every other month …"
Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford
Cataloguing: RDA and OLIS "… our own materials publicly available now, in case agencies who have not yet implemented RDA might find them interesting. They are covered by a Creative Commons license, which allows them to be used or adapted freely for any fair and non-commercial purpose, as long as this use is attributed."
Cataloguing Training British Library RDA NACO Training Programme "… Powerpoint presentations, with trainer’s notes …"
- RDA Update 2015
Cambridge University Library
CambridgeRDA: RDA training materials from Cambridge University Library. "… all of the RDA documentation developed for training the staff of the libraries in the University of Cambridge…based on training given by the British Library, which in turn was based on training developed by the Cooperative & Instructional Programs Division at the Library of Congress."
CILIP Cataloguing & Indexing Group (CIG)
Australian Committee on Cataloguing (ACOC)
rdacake: RDA CAnadian Knowledge Exchange
Pan-Canadian modules. Training Modules from the Pan-Canadian Working Group on Cataloguing with RDA
Die Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
- (in German)
National Library of New Zealand
- Homepage. Gives access to presentations on "Changes from AACR2 to RDA" and "Constructing RDA Access Points".
- RDA Series Webinars. "Free webinars from the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services …"
RDA Documentation. "We hope this wiki will help catalogers become familiar with RDA …"
Kent State University
Resource Description & Access (RDA) Basics for Copy Catalogers. A YouTube video by Sevim McCutcheon; 55 mins. "Covers the most common differences between AACR2 and RDA in bibliographic records and authority records. Designed to help copy catalogers and beginners navigate and interpret RDA records"
Library of Congress
MLA Bibliographic Control Committee
Best practices for music cataloging: using RDA and MARC21. Version 1.0 21 February 2014. Prepared by the RDA Music Implementation Task Force, Bibliographic Control Committee, Music Library Association.
North Carolina State University
NCSU Libraries. RDA. " …our … test materials … a living documentation site …"
University of Chicago
Resource Description and Access (RDA) Testing at the University of Chicago Library. "… central repository for documents … for its testing process, which ended in December 2010."…
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne
UIUC RDA Training. "… training materials created for UIUC Library Staff, as well as links to external RDA resources."
Changes from AACR2
- RDA in MARC (Library of Congress MARC Standards, October 2012) "… include all changes to MARC for use with RDA approved through June 2012."
- Technical Bulletin 261: OCLC-MARC Format Update 2012 "… changes to OCLC-MARC records, many of which are related to Resource Description and Access (RDA) …"
- Technical Bulletin 260: OCLC-MARC Format Update 2011 "… changes to OCLC-MARC records, many of which are related to Resource Description and Access (RDA) …"
- Technical Bulletin 258: OCLC-MARC Format Update 2010 including RDA Changes.
- Changes to AACR2 Instructions (Joint Steering Committee for Development of RDA, 2 July 2009) "… lists changes made to AACR2 instructions during the development of RDA …"