#PMLGawards #PublicLibraryChamp #PublicLibrarianOfYear #MobileLibraryChamp
We have been made aware of a couple of late nominations, so we have extended the deadline until 14th September 2017. If you thought you'd missed the chance to nominate that special person in your library - you have a few more days to get your nomination in!
The CILIP Public and Mobile Libraries Group’s annual awards recognise the outstanding contribution that staff make to their customers, the communities they serve and the wider public library profession.
The awards are:
Public Library Champion of the Year: Recognising the achievements of outstanding frontline public library staff that make a real difference to the people who use their library
Mobile Library Champion of the Year: Recognising the achievements of outstanding mobile library assistants, home delivery service staff, drivers or librarians who make a real difference to the lives of the people who use their services
Public Librarian of the Year: Recognising the achievements of outstanding library and information professionals working in a public library service that make a real difference to the communities they serve and the wider public library profession.
Mobile Library Vehicle Awards: Presented to outstanding mobile libraries in attendence at the Mobile Meet of the PMLG conference. They are as follows:
- State of the Art: Most innovative new vehicle (less than 3 years old)
- President's Shield: Best small vehicle
- Concourse de Excellence: Best older vehicle (more than 7 year's old)
- Delegates' Choice: The vehicle voted for by delegates as the one they would most like to work on themselves.
- Livery Award: Awarded to the mobile library with the most attractive external appearance.
The awards will be presented at the biennial PMLG Conference or PMLG Teachmeet.
The awards are open to all library authorities in the UK.